23 August 2013

Who is Shrimpy?

We found out that we were pregnant when I was just about five weeks along. I immediately wanted to know everything that was going on, so while we were on vacation I bought a gigantic brick of a prego-book called "I'm Pregnant!" by Dr. Lesley Regan. When I got to the five week portion of the book, the page was dominated by a big picture of an embryo with a caption saying, "The embryo looks rather like an oddly shaped prawn, floating in a fluid-like bubble called the amniotic sac." I called out to Danny, "hey sweets, our baby looks like a shrimp!" And thus, our little baby-to-be's nickname was born. And "Shrimpy" has stuck, even though he or she has gotten much cuter since then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Two rules: be respectful, and do not post personal information.